Friday, August 16, 2013

Egypt or Israel- Dead or Alive

This morning I was reading through Exodus 14 and 15. My heart stood in awe of the greatness of my God. The Lord is holy, just, and perfect in all His ways. He called a people to Himself (Israel), and He made a covenant with them, and because He is a covenant keeping God faithful to His promises, we see yet another beautiful picture of our Lord in Ex. 14.13. God promises to fight for the Israelites, and all they had to do was hold their peace. In the parting of the red sea, we see both the merciful compassion and the righteous indignation of God. His mercy fell upon the people He called to Himself  and made a way for them to pass through the Red Sea with no harm. He brought them safe to land freeing them from their bondage and captivity. Yet, God is just, and he punished the wickedness of the Egyptians, as he brought diseases upon them and allowed the Red Sea to cave in on them. Following the parting of the Red Sea when the Israelites were in Mahar, the Lord spoke to them with beautiful words, "for I am the Lord who heals You" (Ex. 15.26). God is for His people and will forever fight for them with such intensity to allow His beloved Son to be crucified and resurrected providing a greater parting of a sea, destroying a greater divide, and bringing a greater healing and rescue-Salvation. The greatest act of God is making spiritually dead people alive. In thinking about how the Red Sea applied to my life today, Ephesians 2 resonates in my mind. I was once like an Egyptian, far off from the fold of God, an object of His wrath, living with a hardened heart; yet, God who is RICH in mercy made me alive in Christ. I can say with great joy and gladness, God I am yours! I am your people! You are compassionate and gracious. God, you alone, made a way for me to cross the sea, and that way is Jesus. Today I can sing with Moses-Exodus 15, worshiping the majesty of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment