Friday, September 13, 2013

Waiting for Silver

 Waiting on the Lord has not been easy for me in my spiritual journey, but the more I grow in my relationship with Him, and the more I learn of His goodness and faithfulness towards me, the waiting is more bearable, and I begin to see the Joy in waiting. However, recently I have found myself yearning and in a sense idolizing relief from the waiting, my happiness, or the object desired. How grateful I am the Lord showed me this, that I could repent and turn to Him for grace, for I wanted my happiness instead of my good. And God is too good of a loving Father to bring me relief or give me what I want when I want it or how I want it. It is comforting and securing to know that I have a Father I cannot control! I may sinfully demand of His hand in my ignorance, but His wisdom and love for me is far greater than my ignorance. Amen. This morning I was reading through the Scriptures and praying. The Lord led me to a few verses: James 1.25 and Psalm 66.8-12. The trials of this life, and I do believe waiting on God can be a trial, are tools in which the Lord refines us. As silver we are refined into something beautiful and glorious, the likeness of Christ. God loves us so much, that He is willing to allow trial and affliction into our livs so that He can bring us out into "rich fulfillment," and that fulfillment is the image of His Son. If you are anything like me, my first reaction to trials, suffering, and waiting is to be defensive and like a child kick and scream and ask "why." However, over the years this has lessened as the Lord continues to whisper to me, "Tara, let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." God is so committed to me being like Jesus. I can either kick and scream or press into the arms of Christ and let patience have its perfect work, as God brings about the image of His Son in my life. What a great hope that years to come as I walk with God I will only grow to look more and more like Him. Though it may be painful the hope to come makes waiting for silver joyful.

No comments:

Post a Comment