Sunday, July 21, 2013

Hope

Today was a sad day; I cant really reason or pinpoint exactly why. However, in the midst of my sadness I was seeking to reflect on the goodness of God, but must confess I was doubting God's goodness. Nothing has changed since the garden. However, after a time of honest confession with the Lord, I prayed "God I call to you Alone. Please incline your ear to me. Show me your marvelous lovingkindness which is at Your right hand it is readily available to me as I trust in You." (Psalm 17. 6-7). Realizing just the weight of my heart, the brevity of my sin, the pain of lingering unfilled desires, hope deferred, loneliness, reality of living in a falling world, aching for restoration, I needed and always need the only One who can comfort the soul. The Lord heard. He may never give me what I want or relieve my present circumstance when or how I want Him to, but He always always gives me Himself. Shortly after reading verses 6-7, the ending brought me comfort, David writes "As for me I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness" (Psalm 17.15). Oh to see Christ saturated in the Psalms. What hope! 1 John 3 reminds me of my true reality. One day I will be able to behold the beauty of a Holy God because I stand complete in Christ (my righteousness) and then my soul will be fully satisfied. For I will be like Christ. What great exceeding joy!!!!! One day as David wrote I will awake in the likeness of Jesus, "Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we KNOW that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is" (1 John 3.2). I greatly long for this day. My sadness has not dissipated or anything about my present circumstance changed in the matter of an hour, but God is faithful and my hope restored. I am not home today, but I am one day going home!

No comments:

Post a Comment